Translator and Copy Editor, German (m/f/d)
dōTERRA is about real impact. Sourcing the best, while helping the most, translates into the purest essential oils.
Founded in 2008, dōTERRA was built on a mission to share pure essential oils with the world. Having seen for themselves the incredible benefits of these precious resources, a group of healthcare and business professionals set out to make this mission a reality. They formed a company and named it dōTERRA, a Latin derivative meaning ‘Gift of the Earth.’
Committed to providing only the highest quality essential oils, dōTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing™ network continues to develop long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships, aligned with dōTERRA Healing Hands™ initiatives, to bring hope and healing to the world.
As a direct selling company, dōTERRA offers its products through the support of valued Wellness Advocates. These passionate and dedicated individuals are devoted to sharing the company’s mission and values to create a global dōTERRA family. Present in over 150 countries worldwide, dōTERRA has expanded its product offering across nutrition, spa and healthy living products.
Today, dōTERRA is the world’s leading essential oils company and over 5 million members use and share dōTERRA products around the world. Above all, dōTERRA’s journey to pursue what’s pure endures, helping to change lives throughout the world with the precious gift of essential oils.
dōTERRA helps the world heal: Link to dōTERRA
YOUR JOB@dōTERRA Europe
Your Core Responsibilities
As part of the dōTERRA pan-European Marketing team, a translator and copy editor for German is required to translate engaging and platform specific text-based content. This will include translating, localising, editing and proofreading of English copy into German for a variety of communication needs across online platforms, e-blasts including bi-monthly newsletters, social media campaigns and content for our online support platform, video subtitles, events communications, and a comprehensive portfolio of training and corporate literature. This position is based in our central European office in Munich.
- Translate creative and engaging copy into German, in line with key brand messaging, in a tone and style that resonates with our Wellness Advocates and customers.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, DACH Region, tailor German copy to effectively communicate with different audiences as required.
- Translate English texts for the German speaking market, ensuring quality control and that the translated content reflects the original meaning and tone.
- Take responsibility for the consistency of language including following and supporting the maintenance of the company and product specific terminology glossary.
- Coordination of all key terminology decisions with the Marketing Manager, DACH Region, and other content creators for the German-speaking region.
- Working with the Marketing Manager, DACH Region, create and maintain a German master content document.
- Work with the Europe Marketing team, and other departments including Events and Operations to provide translated German copy and content as required.
- Upload content to a variety of different internal reference platforms, following company protocols and processes, contributing to new efficiencies where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues in the Translations and Localisation Team to support with Marketing projects as required.
- Work closely with Legal and Regulatory to ensure content complies with necessary EU guidelines.
- Develop product knowledge and maintain a holistic understanding of all department activity and communication requirements.
YOUR EXPERTISE@dōTERRA Europe
What we expect of you
- You must be a native German speaker with outstanding proficiency in English to
- C2 level (CEFR) or better, with a passion for spoken and written language.
- University degree in translation or a certificate from a recognised translation institution, or equivalent degree/qualification.
- Professional experience in translation for both on- and off-line channels designed for endconsumers and / or corporate clients.
- Talent for language, analytical thinking and the ability to reflect tonalities for different target groups.
- Great eye for detail to ensure all key brand, product messaging and styles remain consistent across all platforms.
- Eloquent, accurate and able to prioritise to meet deadlines – even under pressure.
- Sound command of industry software, such as SDL Trados, MemoQ and general software MS Office 365.
- A team player, who always has the big picture in mind, and is great at working as part of a team across multiple locations.
- Self-motivated with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- The ability to understand other European language(s) would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Direct Sales/Multi-Level Marketing experience is desirable but not compulsory.
What you can expect with dōTERRA
- Cross-departmental onboarding
- Flexibility through hybrid working
- Modern state-of-the-art office in Munich
- Flat hierarchies
- Strong team spirit
- Exceptionally empathetic culture
- Programmes to promote and strengthen mental health
- Flexibility of working hours
- And the usual: company pension plan, company events, free drinks and fresh fruit
Does that sound like an amazing opportunity you’d like to explore?
Find out more …
dōTERRA Munich is excited to getting to know you.
You are a native German speaker with outstanding proficiency in English and would love to contribute to dōTERRA`s success story?
If you have a University degree in translation and you are excited about enrichening peoples lives, then we should talk about this unique position.
Lets heal the world!
SAM Executive Search HR Kompetenzcenter GmbH
+49 (175) 194 0926
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org